::Help me improve theme::
- Umair from Noobslab.com pointed me out that there is a bug - strange menu backgroud color like in those screenshots: www.noobslab.com/2013/04/eleme…
Does everybody has this bug? i'd really would like to recreate it and fix it.
- Theme comes with two versions - with dark panels and menus (elementary-dkpanel), and with light panels and menus (elementaryish).
- Theme works with Unity and with Gnome Classic Session (gnome-fallback)
- If you have installed previous version of this theme - please delete it first, because names of themes are the same.
- Theme is based on Greybird theme and inspired by Elementary theme
- for Gnome 3.6 (versions from Ubuntu 12.10 or 13.04)
- theme was designed to use with AppMenu (Global menu), of course you can use it with standard menubar, but it looks best with Appmenu.
- I have not tested it with any other file managers, so i have no idea how it looks with Nemo, Athena, Marlin or Thunar. But it shouldn't look bad.
- There are some mac-ish looking widgets in this theme, so if you're allergic to mac os x design - please don't use it.
- for 1.1.5 theme Extract .zip archive, and copy "elementaryish" / "elementary-dkpanel" folder to your .themes folder, or to usr/share/themes/ . Then change your theme with "gnome-tweak-tool" or "Ubuntu Tweak".
- for 1.1.6 theme go to folder elementaryish 1.1.6.
- In 13.04 Gnome-panel session with Compiz some people have problems with maximized window borders (it's gtk-window-decorator bug). Emerald also has this problem but only with some themes - so i've made Emerald theme for elementaryish (and egtk) that is free of this bug, and works well with gnome-panel session
- Emerald theme is in "Emerald theme" folder
:: Beta for Gala/Mutter::
- This is 1.1.5 version but with dark color scheme and gnome3 window theme, so if you use app that uses dark color scheme you'll have nice dark windows and widgets. Here is screenshot: dolsilwa.deviantart.com/art/Gn…
- You can find it in "Beta" folder.
- Theme looks good with every font
but it looks best with elementary-style fonts:
Application font: Droid Sans, 9pt
Document font: Droid Sans, 10pt
Desktop font: Droid Sans, 9pt
Window title font: Droid Sans Bold, 9pt
Fixed width font: Droid Sans Mono, 9pt
(from elementary website)
- To DanRabbit and rest of elementary team - for great design.
- To Simon Steinbeiß and Shimmer Project team - for Greybird code which was great base for this theme.
- To Trastes - creator of Gnome Cupertino theme - i've borrowed some of his great css code.
- My persona theme for Firefox: addons.mozilla.org/pl/firefox/…
- Zeeeeee's and Loklaan's full Firefox theme: addons.mozilla.org/pl/firefox/…
(compatibile with light elementaryish theme)
v.1.1.6 - Brighter notebook.
- Toolbar buttons and normal buttons are not the same anymore.
- More gradient on toolbar.
- Better gradient on prelighted menuitem.
v.1.1.5 - Fixed Rhythmbox toolbar problem.
- Better notebook background and iconview selection
- Some XFCE tweaks (better sidebar in Thunar and XFCE header)
- Minor tweaks to gradient
v.1.1.4 - A bit darker gradient on toolbar
- New switches - like in original elementary theme.
- few new metacity themes
v.1.1.3 - More compact Nautilus buttons,
- Nice looking, elementary-style infobar.
v1.1.2 - Minor updates on progressbar:
- little shadow progressbar's background,
- progressbar in Transmission and Ubuntu Software Center now looks properly.
v1.1.1 - Dark Unity panel now looks properly.